Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Flower Fairies!

Blossom Fairy

December was a busy month! I completed three gorgeous fairy cakes for three sweet little girls! All of these little beauties are made from homemade gum paste and sit upon a decadent fondant covered cake. Also, the flowers and other adornments are edible and sculpted by me.

Fancy Fairy
This was my first time attempting to create a figure with a human face. It was not easy! Each petite face had to be colored, formed, sculpted and painted to give a realistic look. The biggest challenge was getting their eyes to look sweet and happy.
Orchid Fairy


I always enjoy making sugar flowers.  Orchids are my favorite flower because of their exquisite beauty .  these orchids taste as sweet as they look!

Thanks for reading!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment